Invest in your home today and reap the rewards down the road!
We understand how important it is for our customers to maintain and upgrade their homes and without losing sleep over the expense. After all, a house is one of the biggest investments you will ever make, and you want to be happy and comfortable in it for years, as well as increase its value. Now that summer is here, it’s a great time to think about making improvements on your home and property. Whether you choose to do an extensive kitchen renovation, add energy-efficient appliances, upgrade your attic insulation, or simply spruce up your walkway, front door, and yard, summer is an ideal time to make changes and improvements. And when you use your Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) from Florence Bank for these enhancements, you will benefit in so many ways!
Summer is also a great time to have a thorough energy audit done through a company such as Mass Save. When you receive their report, you will know what energy-saving changes can be made in your home that could ultimately save you a significant amount of money each month. Florence Bank’s Home Equity Line of Credit is here to help you make positive changes--whether simple or extensive--to your home. With access to your line of credit whenever, and for whatever purpose, you will feel confident in moving forward with your home and property improvements.
- If you are looking to make some simple yet impactful upgrades around your home this summer using your Home Equity Line of Credit, consider an eye-catching curb appeal project. Something as simple as painting your front door a vibrant, lively color or creating a walkway with beautiful edging can make a house more appealing. To make edging more unique, use personal or “found” items, such as clam shells, river rocks, or even up-ended terra cotta flower pots.
- Easy landscaping projects such as trimming back hedges, adding colorful mulch, planting new flowers, and tidying existing beds can add to the beauty of your home and its surroundings. Establish a focal point with a bird bath, outdoor lighting, or a simple seating area.
- Consider investing in a thorough power-washing of the windows and exterior walls of your home--as well as any other outdoor structures such as gazebos or sheds--to add to its appeal and aesthetic beauty. Or perhaps it’s time to change the color of your home using warm, classic colors that are welcoming to visitors and passersby alike.
- If you are ready for a more extensive renovation within your home using your home equity line of credit, the kitchen is always a great place to make upgrades and additions. Replacing outdated cabinets and countertops is a perfect way to increase the functionality and style of your kitchen. Consider modern, functional cabinets with ample storage and attractive yet functional counters using materials like concrete or granite.
- Spruce up the walls and trim with a new splash of paint. Some great color options for kitchens include greens, yellows, whites, and grays. Install an updated, distinctive backsplash above the counters using subway tile, decorative tin, or ceramic tile.
- Add extra storage space and seating with a functional, attractive peninsula or island and bar stools or chairs for family and visitors. Such investments contribute to both the appearance and value of your home.
Energy Efficient Updates
- Another great use of your Home Equity Line of Credit is an energy audit through Mass Save. An expert Energy Specialist will visit your home and perform an assessment regarding your current energy usage and how you can make improvements going forward. Once you have their report, you can choose which energy-saving improvements you most want to make, and what will save you the most money down the line.
- Smaller changes that add up over time include changing out outdated lighting and appliances. And when you purchase ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs and fixtures, you will receive rebates. Mass Save can also advise you on upgrading your existing heating and cooling systems. They will help you find the most energy-efficient boilers, furnaces, central air conditioning systems, wireless enabled thermostats, and more.
- Make sure that your attic has the proper amount of insulation. The payback for that project at a reduced price (using discounts from Mass Save) takes about a year, and ultimately, you could save up to hundreds per year on energy!
Essential HELOC Information
- Obtaining a Home Equity Line of Credit through Florence Bank is a hassle-free process. To make it even more convenient, you can borrow money for a variety of purposes. This includes home renovations, college tuition, emergency expenses, and even that much-anticipated family vacation or solo adventure! You can find more information about Florence Bank’s rates here.
- Another great aspect of the Home Equity Line of Credit is that the amount of credit becomes available again as you pay off your balance.
Florence Bank appreciates the pride our customers take in their homes. That’s why we are here to support you in all of your endeavors and goals with our Home Equity Line of Credit. After all, maintaining your home’s appearance, structure, and energy-efficiency is an essential part of property ownership. When you use our Home Equity Line of Credit, you are not only investing in your home, but also in your future. We look forward to speaking with you this summer and helping you get started!
To get started, visit a Mortgage Originator at any of our branch locations or call us at 413.586.1300.